How to Make More Time for Crafting in Your Life
Whether you pursue crafting as a serious part of your life or a hobby that you do for fun, it can sometimes be really difficult to find time to fit it in. You likely have a number of other responsibilities that can include work, school, family, relationships, children, pets and much more. By the end of the day when you have checked off everything on your ever-growing to-do list there’s not any time left. Your crafting supplies sit in a corner unused and you don’t have the opportunity to work on your skills, make beautiful crafts and nurture the creative part of your soul.
So how can you make time for crafting in your life? The truth is that we all have the same 24 hours in a day – the difference is what we choose to do with it. With a few tweaks to your priorities and time management tips, you can free up more time to do your crafting. So, here are some tips that will help you to increase your crafting time.
Tips for Making More Crafting Time
- Try to set up a dedicated space for your crafting, so that even if you only have a spare 20 minutes you can jump right in and start working on a project. It can be anywhere, even in a spare room or the corner of a room. If you have to set up and put away your crafting or jewellery making supplies each time, you won’t be able to take advantage of the short bursts of time you get throughout the day.
- Set a routine for yourself. Set aside a particular time for crafting and make it part of your weekly schedule. When it is a set part of your routine, you’ll be less likely to schedule over it with other commitments.
- Tell your loved ones how important it is to you that you get time to work on your crafting projects. Ask them to do what they can to help you find this time.
- Break a large project into smaller tasks. It can be overwhelming to think about completing an entire quilt, but you could focus on simply cutting out the squares and then move on to the next task.
- You can buy craft supplies online and have them delivered to your door rather than taking the time to go to the shop and buy them. This will save you time and give you more time to work on crafting.
- Find times when you can work on a crafting project while multi-tasking. For example, while watching a movie with your family in the evening or waiting to pick up your child at soccer practice or waiting for an appointment at the doctor you can have a small portable project on the go – such as knitting or crocheting.
- If you have kids and you are busy taking care of them, why not encourage everyone to do crafts together? You can work on your project while they do something crafty or artsy that is appropriate for their age. Who knows, you might even get some inspiration from whatever it is they create!
- Wake up a tiny bit earlier. In the early morning before anyone else wakes up and the house is quiet, this is the best time to steal some moments for yourself to work on your crafting projects.
- When you do get some precious time to work on your crafting, make sure that you turn off your phone and stay away from social media so that you won’t get distracted and waste the chance to make the most of this opportunity!
These are just a few tips that you can keep in mind to help you find more time in your schedule for your crafting projects. Even if you are very busy, you can always try to squeeze in a little bit of time to dedicate to crafting. When you implement these tips you will be able to finish all of the crafting projects that you have been neglecting over the years. Plus, the act of crafting itself is therapeutic and relaxing, so you will find yourself feeling calmer and happier because you are spending more time doing what you love.